Reading Buddies Volunteers help children who have finished grades one through five to continue reading throughout the summer as part of the Summer Reading Club. The program runs during July and August and encourages reluctant readers to enjoy books by making reading fun through the use of board games, shared reading and other activities.
Deadline for application is Friday, June 21, 2019.
Time and Location
- 1 1/2 hours once or twice a week for eight weeks
- Most HPL locations
- Have strong English reading and speaking skills
- Communicate well with others
- Be a good role model and work well in a group environment
- Be patient, reliable and trustworthy
- Enjoy working with children
- Must be at least 14 years old or finished grade 8
- Meet at the library at a set time each week
- Help children with their reading
- Participate in games and activities that promote reading
- Provide positive feedback and encouragement
Apply online or download the application form.